How it works?
Answer Qualifier Questions
Build Executive Summary
This platform is a tool to help entrepreneurs starting agri-value or bioscience businesses in Saskatchewan develop their ideas.
At the end of the process, you will have a clear picture of your business in your mind and on a printed document (an Executive Summary) that will help you share your plan.
- Agri-food product or ingredient development
- Dairy, poultry, and meat (new product or ingredient manufacturing)
- Fermentation, distillation, and other wet processing into value-added ingredients
- Fractionation, processing, and sale of plant ingredients
- Fruit and berry processing into value-added ingredients
- Innovative novel food, functional food, and nutraceuticals
Other bioscience-based business
- Biofuels and/or related technologies and products
- Biologicals, including fertilizers, fungicides, growth enhancers, nutrients, pesticides, and stimulants
- Bioproducts, including plant-based consumer and industrial products
- Biotechnology, including gene editing, and development of novel breeding methods and traits
- Green-tech / Green-ag
- Other agricultural bioscience
Digital or ag-tech business
- Agricultural production, farm management, livestock, and IoT (Internet of Things) software platforms
- Indoor agriculture and other novel farming systems
- Precision agriculture, including novel connectivity, sensing, and robotics technologies
- Technologies in mid-stream agricultural manufacturing and logistics
- Other ag-tech
Success stories of people like you
Ag-West Bio really helped in the sense that they provided guidance, they spend the time to get to know the company, and the leadership team. We developed a good relationship with them.
Ag-West Bio was actually our first supporter in the province. We came to them for networking and advice. The initial interest from Ag-West Bio was a boost of confidence; it’s really helped us get a foothold in the province.
The financial help we received through Ag-West Bio Inc. in the early years opened so many doors for us, while the guidance and mentorship they provided was just as instrumental.
Ag-West Bio has delivered scientific, marketing and financial support and guidance to countless individuals and organisations….
AWB’s financial assistance and support for me to attend a first class mentoring accelerator event helped to provide my business a lifeline when I needed it most…I don’t think I would be in business today if it wasn’t for AWB’s financial assistance and support.
I received support from Ag-West Bio that has been instrumental in helping Prester Foods have a step-to-step commercialization and investment strategy.
Every industry requires a champion. Ag-West Bio is that for the growing and critical bioscience sector in Saskatchewan. Networking, policy, education, investment, mentorship and leadership are key components to a fertile ecosystem and Ag-West Bio and their team have delivered in spades.
We’ve also been working with Ag-West, and they’ve been excellent at connecting us with people in the industry, and connecting us with a lot of other resources…